|Towns of the Drava-project/Drávaiványi|
7960 Drávaiványi, Kossuth u. 30.
|164 painted panels
2007 proved a turning point in the history of Drávaiványi, when the former pub and the agricultural concern's former warehouse were renovated as part of the Dráva Project and converted into a visitor centre for hikers and cyclists. There are provisions for parking, washing, camping and cooking and from 2008 accommodation will also be available. The locals strongly believe in the future of tourism and have a team of caretakers tidying up the village and planting flowers. Drávaiványi with two hundred inhabitants lies a stone's throw from Sellye and the River Dráva and the thus the "Three Rivers" cycle route is easily reached along the embankment. The pride of the village is the nationally protected Protestant church of 1792, which is built in the Late Baroque style. Its ceiling is decorated with 164 painted wood panels, no two of which are the same, and it is perhaps the most authentic example of the ancient Hungarian symbolic system. The "Sun Disk" in the centre also lists the patron builders. In agreement with the Emperor the church was built by donations from the landowners and work from the local parishioners.