|Towns of the Drava-project/Cún|
7843 Cún, Kossuth L. u. 78.
|The village of arched-pillar houses
The name of Cún is fundamental to nature lovers, thanks to boasting one of the first protected aquatic sites to be found in its neighbourhood. This small village lies on the edge of the Ormánság, a couple of kilometres from the River Dráva. It has just three hundred inhabitants and lies in an area of less than twenty square kilometres.
It has maintained its old character, especially in the form of the arched-pillar houses, and the fairytale steepness of the roof of the parsonage built in 1849. Characteristic too are the gateways and decorative plasterwork of the houses of the wealthier former residents. Their roots are in Protestantism and today's inhabitants are still proud of their beautiful church. If you ask a local about the sights of the village, after the church they always mention the magnificent oak tree beside it, which is over a hundred years old. They are preparing for a new influx of tourists and, as part of the Dráva Project, have recently built a tour station and rain shelter, and are preparing a collection with which to present the wild life of the Dráva to the visitor.